This past week Robbo had a conference in Sydney so I took full advantage of
his our frequent flyer miles to tag along for a week in the harbour city. Since we’ve been to Sydney on prior occasions I use these trips to get away from cleaning, laundering or anything the wreaks of adult responsibility. That being said I would definitely NOT utilise this post as a tourism guide unless you take into account me rolling over to reach the bedside controller to open the shades to view the Opera House and Bridge (thank you hotel for the room/ view upgrade!) and then closing it again for some more sleep.
So what did I do when I finally woke up? That’s a good question. Here were some of my faves this trip:
MorningAfternoon runs along the botanical gardens
- Visting every Adriano Zumbo location and eating my weight in macarons, cronuts and anything sugar laden
- Shopping at Bondi Junction as they have a William-Sonoma (which rumor has it we’re getting one in Perth!) and bought, amongst other things, a pancake pen!!!
- Take an hour on public transportation so I can eat a piece of pizza at Costco
- Eat a donut at every Krispy Kreme walked by
Okay I might’ve fibbed a little bit, I did fit in a few touristy things that I haven’t done in trips past.
- Did the lovely Bondi to Coogee Walk along the coast (while failing to get attention from any of the lifeguards)
- Visited the Sydney Fish Market and then got pizza on the walk home because I’m a sucker for greasy cheesy food
- Walked hand in hand with Robbo by the Opera House *swoon*
- Introduced visiting friends to Aussie Rules Football by attending the Preliminary Final game between Sydney and North Melbourne