I spent thirty minutes today switching keychains. I haven’t done this for a while and I forgot how un-pliable new ones are. I had actually been looking for a new keychain for a few months – one in which single keys are easily unattached from the main portion – I hope this works out.
While typing the above I come to the realisation that things are in a bit of a lull right now. I guess there goes my goal of only blogging about Earth shattering events (I mean obviously that’s all I write about it …). We’re in one of those ebbs where there every time I look around I’m busy, but not really seeing the productivity. Kind of like those times I spend $150 grocery shopping and my fridge still has nothing in it. So here is a riveting recap off what we’ve been up to …
- After 10 weeks of training (yes, you read that correctly, 10 weeks) I began my duty days at the zoo. This has consisted with me field questions of restroom locations and where my accent (and I) are from.
- Realised how bushy my eyebrows have gotten.
- Have been to 73 morning teas.
- Have yet to find a sweet that contains the amount of sugar I require after 30 years of American confectionary. I end up just pouring the sugar meant for tea on whatever I’m eating.
- After a vote we got upgraded from “provisional” members to “real” members of the yacht club. Little do they know the extent of my motion sickness.
- Read a bunch more books that were mostly YA series so I feel a bit bashful claiming them as real books on goodreads. Luckily there is a support group for that.
- Found that I love audiobooks – especially when it comes to ironing and housework and running and just sitting.
- Made our Christmas cards.
- Joined Pinterest and have wasted no less than 127 hours “pining” DIY projects, style boards, and dream homes that I can only suspect will never come to fruition.
- Found a few new blog stalking opportunities.
- Started drawing the East shades in the morning so the sunshine stops showing me every speck of dust in my kitchen.
- Made friends see a subtitled movie – and vowed to let them select the next film.